Welcome to the Consumers’ Page. This page is designed to provide consumers with up-to-date information and resources. The PSC’s Consumer Affairs Division answers customer questions and processes utility service complaints. To learn more about filing complaints and for answers to common questions, please see the links below.
- How to File a Utility or Transportation Complaint
- Energy Assistance Fact Sheet
- How to File an Electric/Gas Meter Test (Referee Test)(en español)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Printable Forms
- Office of People’s Counsel: Maryland’s Residential Ratepayer Advocates (OPC’s Keep Your Power On toolkit provides information on navigating energy assistance programs.)
How to Contact Consumer Affairs
The direct phone line to Consumer Affairs is (410) 767-8028 or toll free in Maryland at (800) 492-0474. Staff are available weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Maryland Relay (TT/Voice): (800) 735-2258
Fax: (410) 333-6844
The Commission’s Transportation Division (not Consumer Affairs) receives transportation-related complaints. Below are useful links for transportation issues. To reach the Transportation Division by phone: (410) 767-8128 or toll-free (800) 492-0474.
What You Need to Know About Energy Choice
Watch these videos on our YouTube channel to learn more about energy choice and how to handle interactions with supplier agents.
The Telecommunications Division provides the following helpful consumer information: