Welcome to the Consumers’ Page. This page is designed to provide consumers with up-to-date information and resources. The PSC’s Office of External Relations answers customer questions and processes utility service complaints. To learn more about filing complaints and for answers to common questions, please see the links below.
- How to File a Utility or Transportation Complaint
- Payment Arrangement/Extension Request
- How to File an Electric/Gas Meter Test (Referee Test)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Printable Forms
- Office of People’s Counsel: Maryland’s Residential Ratepayer Advocates
How to Contact OER
The direct phone line to OER is (410) 767-8028 or toll free in Maryland at (800) 492-0474. Staff are available weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Maryland Relay (TT/Voice): (800) 735-2258
Fax: (410) 333-6844
The Commission’s Transportation Division (not OER) receives transportation-related complaints. Below are useful links for transportation issues. To reach the Transportation Division by phone: (410) 767-8128 or toll-free (800) 492-0474.
The Telecommunications Division provides the following helpful consumer information: