Vision and Mission for the Maryland Public Service Commission
The Maryland Public Service Commission will be recognized as a national leader in regulatory excellence and innovation. We demonstrate our commitment to the public, the companies we regulate, and our colleagues by building an environment of mutual respect, professionalism, and diversity.
The mission of the Maryland Public Service Commission is to ensure safe, reliable, and economic public utility and transportation service to the citizens of Maryland. To achieve this, we will:
- Ensure that rates, terms, and conditions established for public service companies are just, reasonable, and transparent.
- Adopt and enforce regulations that are in the public interest and ensure that public service companies comply with established regulations.
- Create standards and policies that protect the safety of the public.
- Explore innovation that will encourage the efficient delivery of public utility services.
- Consider the economic, environmental, climate and labor impacts of all matters before the Commission.
- Encourage the conservation of natural resources and environmental preservation.
- Ensure effective methods of communicating the Commission’s areas of regulation and jurisdiction, decisions, and their impact on the public.
- Develop and promote activities that encourage public trust and confidence.
- Serve the public interest through a commitment to professionalism, diversity, mutual respect, and ethical conduct.