Who to Contact

Your electric distribution company utility is responsible for safe and reliable delivery of electricity, no matter who is supplying it.  Contact your utility for issues related to the delivery of electricity, including power outages and emergencies.  You should also contact the utility for issues related to meter reading or for billing questions not related to the retail electricity supplier charges portion of the bill.


General Inquiries: 1-800-685-0123
Electric outages or downed wires: 1-877-778-2222
Gas odors or gas emergencies: 1-877-778-7798


Customer Service: 1-877-892-0001
Outages: 1-800-410-4790

Delmarva Power

Customer Service:  1-800-375-7117
Outages:  1-800-898-8042


Customer Service: 202-833-7500 (7am-8pm)
Outages:  1-877-737-2662

Potomac Edison

Customer Service: 1-800-686-0011
Outages:  1-888-544-4877


Customer Service: 1-888-440-3311
Outages: 1-877-747-6326

If you have questions about the retail electricity supplier charges on your bill, contact your retail electricity supplier directly.

Your electricity service can be terminated for non-payment of both your utility and retail electricity supplier charges. If you receive a termination notice from your utility, you should contact your utility.

If you are unable to resolve a dispute with your utility or your retail electricity supplier directly, you may bring your concerns to the Maryland PSC’s Consumer Affairs Division by calling 410-767-8028 or online using the complaint form on the consumer information page.

You can also contact the Office of People’s Counsel, an independent state agency that represents the interests of Maryland’s residential utility customers before the PSC. You can contact OPC by calling 1-800-207-4055.