More Questions on Enrollment
Below, are several questions you should ask before signing a contract with a retail electricity supplier.
- Will there be a credit check?
- Does the credit check cost me any money?
- What other information must I provide to enroll?
- Will I be asked for a deposit? If so, how much?
- What steps must I take if I want to change retail electricity suppliers or return to my current retail electricity supplier?
- When will my service start?
- When will I be billed?
- Does the retail electricity supplier bill me directly or does the utility send a consolidated bill for both supply and delivery charges?
- What if I miss a payment? What retail electricity supplier collection activity will occur and when?
- Am I able to participate in different billing plans, such as budget billing or deferred-payment arrangements?
- Will I pay a monthly service charge if I use more or less electricity than anticipated in a billing plan?
- What happens if I am on budget billing now? Will my credit transfer?
- Do you accept bill payments online or by phone? Is there a charge for paying by phone?
- Is there a payment incentive for signing up?
- Will notices (disconnection, tree-trimming, claims, etc.) continue to be sent to me if the bill is not provided by the utility?
- What are your customer-service hours and contact phone numbers?