Agencies and Organizations
Related Maryland State Agencies
- Maryland Office of People’s Counsel
The OPC is an independent state agency that represents Maryland’s residential utility consumers.
- Office of the Maryland Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division
- Maryland Department of the Environment
- Maryland Energy Administration
- Power Plant Research Project
The Power Plant Research Program (PPRP) functions to ensure that Maryland meets its electricity demands at reasonable costs while protecting the State’s valuable natural resources. It provides a continuing program for evaluating electric generation issues and recommending responsible, long-term solutions.
- Energy Information Administration
The EIA is a statistical agency of the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Office of Home Energy Programs
Helps low-income Maryland citizens pay their heating bills, minimize heating crises, and make energy costs more affordable.
- Maryland Insurance Administration
Regulates Maryland’s insurance industry and protects consumers by ensuring that insurance companies and health plans act in accordance with insurance laws.
- Maryland Department of Transportation
Other Maryland Government Sites
The Maryland Portal is your gateway to public services within and around Maryland.
- Maryland General Assembly
- Federal Communications Commission
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agencies
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
FERC is an independent agency that regulates the interstate transmission of natural gas, oil, and electricity. FERC also regulates natural gas and hydropower projects.
- Federal Trade Commission – Office of Consumer Protection
- US Department of Energy
- US Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- US Department of Transportation
Associations and Other State Utility Commissions
- National Regulatory Research Institute (NRRI)
The NRRI aims to be the place regulatory leaders turn to first for research and technical assistance on policy issues.
- National Association of Regulatory Utilities Commissioners (NARUC)
NARUC serves the public interest by improving the quality and effectiveness of public utility regulation.
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative
The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) is the first mandatory, market-based effort in the United States to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Other State Utility Commissions
A list of Public Service and Utility Commission in other states.
Utilityregulation.com provides quick access to orders issued by regulatory commissions during 1995 – 2005, and technical reports issued by industry groups and regulatory agencies. The site also provides news stories of interest to the regulatory community.
- Verizon Tariffs
- Maryland Relay Service
With Maryland Relay, people who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, DeafBlind or Speech Disabled can easily communicate through TTY (text telephone) with anyone using a standard phone!
- COMAR (Division of State Documents)
This site allows you to view the online versions of the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR), Contract Weekly, the Maryland Register and for state agencies, online regulation docket sheet.
Utility Customer Assistance